Monday, July 5, 2010

Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza

I haven't really cooked anything new that is worth posting about lately, but tonight I made a new recipe for Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza.  It turned out pretty good.  I used pepperoni on half the pizza instead of sausage.  I also used two tablespoons of sugar instead of two teaspoons.  We like our crust a little sweet.  I also used half whole wheat flour for the crust and added some onions to the toppings.  I thought the tomatoes weren't enough of a "sauce."  It was kind of dry.  Next time I would add some tomato sauce or pizza sauce to the "sauce."  The crust was good -- not as good as my sweet roll dough crust, but healthier.  I like the deep dish stye -- cooking in a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish, so I may try that with my own dough and sauce next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment