Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why haven't I been sewing . . .

I've had a big project to finish, so I haven't allowed myself to sew anything else until it is finished.  Well, it is finished.  I have made quilts for all my nieces and my daughter and son when they graduate from high school.  Most of them have gone away to college, so they have used these quilts for their dorm rooms.  I let them give me some idea of what colors or style they would like.  I just completed my 9th quilt.  My niece wanted "purple and teal."  And she likes peace signs.  So this is what I came up with.  I hope she likes it.  I found a purple fabric for the backing that actually says "peace" all over it!  I have two more nieces -- but they are young, so it will be a while before I have another quilt to make. (I have nine nieces and no nephews!)

I went to the fabric store today and spent a bunch of money on garment sewing projects for "back to school!"  I'm excited to get started on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment