Monday, December 6, 2010

Carrot Pesto Bake

I got a new cookbook from the bargain rack at Borders, The Essential Vegetarian CookbookI make my first dish from the cookbook, and while it wasn't a big hit, I think it has potential.  Basically it was a lasagna, where the sauce is a white sauce with cheddar cheese, shredded carrots, and pesto.  The recipe didn't call for any salt -- which was a mistake. Also, I would have liked the carrots to be cooked before baking in the pasta -- so they were softer.  I think you could substitute other veggies or a mix of veggies in place of the carrots -- broccoli, peas, or spinach, maybe.  I think a little hot sauce would be good, too.  If I make this again, it will be a little modified.

1 comment:

  1. Annette;
    I have to remember not to go through your blog when I'm hungry. Everything seems delicious.
    Mike Draper

    ReplyDelete