Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day Quiche

OK, another snow day recipe. I had some asparagus and a pie crust in the freezer, so I thought I'd make a quiche. Well, traditionally you would use Swiss cheese, but I didn't have any so I improvised. Everyone enjoyed this!

Bake your pie crust for about 7 minutes at 425 degrees.

Cut up 1/2 pound of asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces. Saute in butter while the crust is cooking. Add 1 Tbsp flour for the last 30 seconds.

In a bowl mix:

3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
3 wedges laughing cow swiss cheese - light
1/2 cup sour cream
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
salt & pepper

Spread the asparagus in the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over. Sprinkle with a little more mozzarella. Bake at 425 for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment