Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another repeat recipe . . .


Last night I made Rachel Ray's Linguini with White Clam Sauce, a recipe I have made many times.  It's quick and easy and I really like it.  I use whole wheat pasta of course, and prefer the angel hair.  It is a juicy sauce, not thick and creamy and it's healthy!  It isn't my husband's favorite (he wants a more saucy pasta) but he eats it.  I always keep these ingredients on hand, so I can make this any time I'm in a rush.  I omit the lemon juice -- I know that is "classic" with seafood, but I don't like the tang it gives (which is what everyone else likes, I guess.)  Also, even if you don't like anchovies, DON'T leave them out -- they add great flavor, and they melt into the sauce, so it's not like you have chunks of anchovies.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment