Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dinner and a Gingerbread Competition

My daughter made Rachel Ray's You Won't Be Single for Long Pasta last night for dinner.  This is another recipe that we make over and over.  Everyone loves it, except my husband, who eats it, but it's not his favorite.  There's vodka in the sauce, and even though people say it doesn't have much flavor, it does something wonderful to the tomato sauce.


I'm not posting a picture of the pasta, because after dinner the kids and their "significant others" had a gingerbread house decorating competition.  It was a lot of fun.  I was the judge -- but my daughter and her boyfriend pretty much capitulated to her brother and his girlfriend when they became so detail oriented that they were making shutters for the windows.  Both houses turned out really cute, and both had very creative detailing.  The best part was all the laughter coming from that room . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment