Thursday, December 3, 2009

Spaghetti Soup!!

You probably have discovered my interest in soup.  Well, last night I made what I call Spaghetti Soup.  Basically, I made spaghetti sauce and thinned it with beef broth and added some pasta.  Yummy!  Here's the recipe:


Saute 1 onion, 2 carrots, 2 stalks celery in olive oil until tender.  Add 4 oz. mushrooms.  After the mushrooms are tender, add one pound hamburger and cook until browned. Add one can petite diced tomatoes, and one jar of spaghetti sauce.  (I used garlic spaghetti sauce, otherwise I would have sauted some garlic with the other veggies.)  I like to add a tablespoon of sugar.  Add 3 cups of beef broth and bring to a boil.  About 15 minutes before you are ready to serve, add two cups of pasta (I used tri-color rotini, because I didn't have any whole wheat pasta on hand.)  Serve with parmesan cheese.  You can adjust the amount of broth according to how soupy you want your soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment