Friday, September 30, 2016

Fall Decorating

Having a new house has made decorating for the seasons much more fun! I don't like to fill the house up -- I'm very much anti-clutter, but I've added a few subtle touches to our house for fall.

#millsnewhouse Burlap wreath, Fall decorating, front door decorations
Burlap wreaths are all the rage right now, but let me tell you, I did not find this very easy to make.  It took a lot of time (and a lot of ribbon - 50 feet!) And my fingers were sore by the time I was finished.  But I'm happy with the way it turned out. I plan to replace the bow for Christmas and maybe the rest of the holidays too!

#millsnewhouse Burlap wreath, Fall decorating, front door decorations

#millsnewhouse Burlap wreath, Fall decorating, front door decorations

I also added a few things to the mantle and hearth.  Silk leaves and a few mini clothespins is all it took.

#millsnewhouse Fall mantle, Fall decorating

#millsnewhouse Fall mantle, Fall decorating

My sister made this centerpiece and it looks great on my dining room table (built by http://smithbuild.weebly.com). The wreath is made from a dropcloth!

#millsnewhouse fall decorating, drop cloth wreath, fall centerpiece

Thanks for stopping by.  I'd love to see your fall decorating ideas in the comments!






Back to The Housework Isn't Getting Done Homepage  © 2016 Annette's Hobby Spot.. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment