Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Two for the Master Bedroom

I should have posted this one first, because it was my first chalk paint experience.  This one I sealed with wax, not polyacrylic like the others.

#millsnewhouse Jewelry Armoire

#millsnewhouse Jewelry Armoire
In the New House

I also wanted a soft bench for the end of my bed, so I decided to embellish an old cedar chest I had. I used a piece of an old memory foam mattress topper I had and some navy blue and white fabric.  Get out the staple gun, and that's all there is to it!

Before and After

 I finished the underside edge and covered the staples by gluing on ribbon.

#millsnewhouse Cedar chest to bench


I ended up not putting it at the end of the bed -- made the room look too heavy on that side.  So it's against the wall, next to the armoire.  A nice place to sit to put on your socks...

#millsnewhouse Cedar Chest Bench

#millsnewhouse Cedar Chest bench and chalk painted armoire

And that empty wall above it?  It's driving me crazy, but I haven't been inspired yet.  More to come...




Back to The Housework Isn't Getting Done Homepage  © 2016 Annette's Hobby Spot.. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment