Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Our Stairway and Vinly Lettering

I love how the stairway turned out.  The treads were hand made by a local carpenter to match our acacia floor.  The treads are a local walnut and match really well!

The railing was a difficult decision for me.  What color? Since I have two tables with black legs/pedestals, I went with black for the newel posts.  And all the trim in the house is white, so I used that for the spindles.  It's a nice accent without standing out too much.

All carpentry, as always, was done by my son.  Follow him at http://smithbuild.weebly.com and smithbuilding on Instagram and Facebook.

#millsnewhouse, stairs, stair railing

#millsnewhouse, stairs, stair railing

#millsnewhouse, stairs, stair railing

I added some vinly lettering as you go up the steps.  Purchased through amazon.com.  I love how it turned out!

#millsnewhouse, stairs, stair railing, vinly lettering, home sweet home

You only see this if you come up from our unfinished basement or by coming in the back door.  So, not everyone will see it, but I know it's there, and I love it!






Back to The Housework Isn't Getting Done Homepage  © 2016 Annette's Hobby Spot.. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment