Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Master Bedroom

I've done a couple of posts about things in my bedroom, but I wanted to do a post and show you the whole room.  Now, I don't have anything on the walls yet, but here's a look at it so far.

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom

The rocking chair may look familiar from this post.

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom

You've seen the cedar chest and jewelry armoire on a previous post too.


#millsnewhouse, master bedroom, bed scarf, bed runner

I made this bed scarf out of a whole piece of cloth, appliqued the monogram, and machine quilted it.

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom, whole cloth quilt
This is my beautiful whole cloth quilt that my 89-year-old mother hand quilted.  There are a lot of stitches! I think she used six spools of quilting thread.  She and I marked it together using some old quilting stencils from my mom and my grandma (and some new ones too.) I'm so pleased to have this "instant heirloom" in my home.

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom, whole cloth quilt

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom, whole cloth quilt

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom, nightstand

I did a separate post about this little chest that I use as a nightstand. This is a much better picture of the final product.

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom, chandelier

I love my chandelier! I have a smaller matching one in the master bath. Oh and, you may have noticed we don't have the trim on this window yet.

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom, chandelier

#millsnewhouse, master bedroom, headboard

I wanted a tufted headboard. (I do a lot of reading in bed and wanted the padding.) I planned to make one myself but found a good deal that I couldn't pass up on this one at wayfair.com.





Back to The Housework Isn't Getting Done Homepage  © 2016 Annette's Hobby Spot.. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment