Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Soup Week

We love soup.  And I really like to try new soup recipes.  On Friday, I made Chipotle Chicken and Tomato Soup from my new Cooking Light  cookbook (Pictured here).  Go easy on the Chipotle in Adobo -- they are really hot!

On Saturday, the kids were home, with their "significant others," so I made two soups because my son doesn't like sea food.  I made Crab Bisque (my own recipe) and Broccoli Cheddar Cheese from my Is it Soup Yet? cookbook.  First time I tried this one -- a very basic, simple recipe.  Both soups were a big hit.

Last night (Tuesday) I tried a recipe for Beef-Barley Soup from Cooking Light that I've had my eye on for a while.  It turned out very tasty.  I used lean stew meat, chopped really small.  I also left out the bay leaf and put in some oregano and parsley.  I added more barley that it called for, but still didn't seem like enough.  (I also added about a cup extra of beef broth.)

I recommend all of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment