Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ready for a new book already!

It was a quiet day, so I've already finished Wake.  It has a somewhat predictable plot, but an interesting premise, and is a feel-good teen romance.  I would recommend it to my teen readers.  It isn't "supernatural" (which is a good thing in this era of the vampire) but the main character has an unusual ability -- she can see other people's dreams.  That doesn't seem like such a bad thing, except that when she's seeing another's dreams, she is sometimes convulsing on the floor, and this can happen anywhere, anytime.  The plot is helped along by the fact that there really aren't any parental influences in ANY of the characters' lives.  A bit far-fetched, but these are "good kids" so they don't need any adults ;)

I'm still working my way through the last couple of Abe Lincoln nominated titles, so my next read will be Unwind, by Neal Shusterman.  A supernatural thriller -- imagine that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment