Saturday, August 14, 2010

Apples & Tomatoes

I love "fresh food" season.  I used some apples from the family orchard to make Easy Caramel Apple Bars.  But I did it a little differently that the recipe.  I made my own cookie dough using this recipe for Chewy Oatmeal Cookies but I left out the raisins. I also used a lot more apples - the recipe calls for one cup of finely chopped apples.  I used about three cups or more of sliced apples.  I served it with butter pecan ice cream.  It turned out very good!

Last night I made Cheesy Vidalia Onion and Tomato Pie with tomatoes from my mom's garden.  I've made this before and really like it.  I used a store-bought pie crust, Swiss instead of fontina cheese, and didn't put in the thyme.  Not only does it taste good, but it looks pretty with all that browned cheese on top . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment