Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lips Touch

I finished Lips Touch:  Three Times by Laini Taylor.  It is a book that has three short stories, all about the "supernatural" and all involve kissing.  I have always had a problem with short stories.  For the most part, I think they are too short and don't portray a complete story.  The always leave me wanting more.  I do have some short stories that I like -- Stephen King for example, has written a lot of short stories that I love.  Margo Lanagan, on the other hand, writes the types of short stories that I cannot enjoy.  After I read the first story in this book I almost didn't finish it.  I feel like this story was included because the other two weren't enough to make a book.  The story, Goblin Fruit, basically tells you what's going to happen, and then it happens and the story ends and you think, "now what??? That's it?"

I did finish the book and enjoyed the other two stories.  They were much more intricate and developed some unusual and unique characters.  There was suspense, and an ending.  So, overall, I would recommend the book.  Even the first story -- it was short, so it's not too much of a time investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment