Monday, October 19, 2009

What I'm reading . . .

Sewing machine still hasn't returned, and I'm really antsy to sew.   Bought some new embroidery patterns (http://www.emblibrary.com/ gets me every time . . .) and I'm anxious to try them.  Some patterns are for halloween, so I hope the machine returns soon!


Anyway, I finished Isolation Ward and really enjoyed it.   I was in the mood for a suspense, and this one fit the bill.  It takes some interesting twists and turns, and there is some witty dialog that I enjoyed.  The main character is kind of a hot head and does some stupid things, which is frustrating, but adds to the story.  The book has been compared to a Michael Crichton story, so if you like that sort of thing, you should try it.

Now I have started "Finding Nouf," by Zoe Ferraris.  A "taut psychological suspense" that takes place in Saudi Arabia.  A young girl is murdered and her Saudi family doesn't seem very interested in solving the crime.  So far, so good, but the print is way, way tiny.  Don't know if there's a large print available.

No comments:

Post a Comment