Thursday, March 4, 2010

Vegetarian Chili - Very GOOD

I made Black and White Vegetarian Chipotle Chili and really liked it.  Sorry I didn't take a picture.  Here's the changes that I made:  I didn't have Rotel tomatoes, so I used another can of diced tomatoes and a 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies.  This made the heat a lot less, which I think was fine since there's a chipotle in adobo pepper in this -- and they are WAY hot (in my opinion.)  I had to add some vegetable stock, since it wasn't "juicy" enough for me.  Part of the reason was that I added about a cup of left over bean dip.  So, I need to tell you a side story about the bean dip.  I made this and I loved it.  It's like baked beans, only in a dip.  No one else liked it very much, and it made a big batch.  I thought it had many of the same flavors as the chili I was making, so I threw some in so it wouldn't go to waste.  My husband liked the chili too, but he thought it could use some more substance, like some pasta or barley.  So next time I will try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment