Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Book

I finished Game and really didn't like it much.  I guess if you really enjoyed basketball, it might appeal to you, but I can't imagine even recommending this book to the basketball players at my school.  They play many games, and specific plays in each game are explained using basketball "lingo."  I love watching basketball, but reading a play-by-play isn't my idea of a good book.  I guess because the main character is an inner-city, disadvantaged black youth who is a very good basketball player, I expected that something dramatic or even tragic might happen, but I was disappointed in this also.  I've read other Walter Dean Myers books and expect more from him.

I'm starting Deadline by Chris Crutcher.  This book has been recommended by one of the teachers at my school, who said she wished she had read it when she was a teenager, and that she recommends it to many of her students.

No comments:

Post a Comment