Thursday, February 11, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Yes!  I used real cheddar cheese in this soup.  But I didn't use the half and half or butter!  This recipe came from the Food Network Magazine and here's the changes that I made:

I used 3T of margarine and 3T of EVOO instead of butter.  Instead of the half and half, I used a cup of soft tofu and a cup of soy milk (blended together before I put it in the soup.)  I added a clove of garlic.  I used vegetable stock, not chicken.  I didn't put in the nutmeg, because I hate nutmeg in savory dishes.  I also used about 12 oz. of cheese, instead of the 8 it called for.  I didn't serve it in a bread bowl, but it was yummy.  I think I blended it too much -- I would have preferred it more chunky (like the picture -- which isn't mine.)  My son wasn't home to try it, but I'm hoping he'll try the leftovers, because this is his favorite soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment