Saturday, February 6, 2010

Book Interrupted

I took a break from Edgar Sawtelle.  I'm really enjoying the book, but its "literary" and doesn't have much action.  I felt myself getting antsy for the next book, so I decided to go ahead and read something else -- something quick.  So, to meet the "action" criteria, I'm reading Harlan Coben's Hold Tight.  I've never been disappointed in a Coben book -- if you haven't read him, you should give it a try.  I think part of the reason I get impatient with "adult" books is that the majority of my reading falls into the young adult category.  Coben is an adult writer but has great appeal for young adults.  At least one of his books has been on the "Abe Lincoln" list -- the high school book award for Illinois students. (See my Animoto slide show at the bottom of this page to see this year's nominees.)

I've already read 150 pages, and of course am enthralled, so it won't be long until I'm back to Edgar.

No comments:

Post a Comment