Friday, February 26, 2010

Home Made Pizza

We made home made individual pizzas last night.  I made everyone (me, husband, son, and son's girlfriend) happy, because they could make it however they wanted, and I could have my veggies.  I used a crust recipe from the Food Network Magazine, which was in their "50 Pizzas" insert.  I didn't even use my bread machine -- I kneaded it by hand!  I used 1/2 whole wheat flour.  We thought the crust had a good texture, but was a little bland in flavor.  Next time, maybe more salt, more sugar, and maybe some Italian seasoning, or oregano or something.  Still haven't come upon the right pizza sauce.  No matter what I try (and I try something different each time), I still haven't got what I want.  I want something thick and "zingy."  Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment