Monday, January 11, 2010

Birthday dinner

Had a birthday dinner for the family to celebrate my husband's and my daughter's birthdays.  I served Italian beef, made in the crockpot.  It's a family favorite, and we make it all the time because it is so simple.  Beef roast, a package of Italian dressing mix (the powder stuff) and a beer.  Cook it all day.

I also served a very easy potato dish.  You cut up red potatoes in bite size pieces, toss with ranch dressing and vegetable oil and bake at 450 for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.  These potatoes got rave reviews.

My mom made a lettuce salad and I served a broccoli cheese casserole recipe from Paula Deen.  I left out the mushrooms and water chestnuts because I knew some in the group wouldn't like them.  It was a good dinner, for about 23 people.

1 comment:

  1. Water Chestnuts! YUCK! Glad you left them out :)

    ReplyDelete