Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yucky!

I made my first awful vegetarian dish -- Cauliflower and Red-Pepper Chowder -- a Cooking Light recipe.  It was awful.  I don't really care much for cauliflower, but I thought since it was a blended soup, the cauliflower would give it the creaminess.  Yes, creamy, but tasteless.  The red peppers (that are SOOO expensive I rarely buy them!) didn't do anything for the flavor.  It had celery, onion, and oregano for seasoning.  So, I tried to "fix" it.  I added worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt, lemon juice, and hot sauce.  I was able to choke down a bowlful, but my husband couldn't eat it.  Oh well, win some, lose some.  I just hope I don't lose too many more!

I did make a really good rice pudding.  I had some leftover rice, which I heated with some soy milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and a little brown sugar.  I soaked some raisins in Southern Comfort and put them in the microwave for 30 seconds.  After the rice was bubbly, I added the raisins and SoCo.  It was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment