Thursday, January 14, 2010

Potato Soup

I had some left over mashed potatoes, so I made some potato soup.  Here's the recipe:

1Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup finely chopped celery

Saute the above ingredients until tender.  Add:

4 cups milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups mashed potatoes
         A note about the mashed potatoes -- I made them with some leftover ranch dressing dip that I had -- so they contributed some extra flavor to the soup.
Salt
Pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. hot sauce

After this was heated up, I used my immersion blender to puree the soup.  You really don't have to, but I have a new toy and I like to use it!

Add 1 cup shredded swiss cheese and heat until melted.  A great "comfort food" meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment